Thursday, August 16, 2012

Let's Color

Who said Crayola is just for kids huh? About a week ago we were all sitting at the table coloring as a family and I decided to draw and color Esther. I definitely would not call myself an artist by any stretch of the matter but lets just say I had a lot of fun and found myself completely happy and at peace drawing and coloring my kids. I know I feel like 5yrs. old, the fact that I love to color and paint. When I was done with Esther's drawing Mark looked at my paper and said "Juanita I think you should draw and color Eve" With that eye trying to relay a message telepathically like my daughter Eve wanted to feel special to. Except at that moment I was extremely tired that I didn't think I would be able to draw another picture at least a decent one that would make my other little girl feel special or pretty. So I said a sincere heartfelt silent prayer in my head asking Heavenly Father to help me draw my little Eve and make her feel beautiful as she is, and He heard my 
PRAYER!

1st drawing
 Esther
2nd drawing
 Eve
 I believe that Heavenly Father answers the littlest of prayers especially when they benefit others and not ourselves. The next day I drew my baby Asenath below. Except she doesn't look like a baby in this picture. I need to practice more.
3rd drawing
 Asenath

Drawing & coloring are fun ways I interact with my girls, usually everyone is happy when we do it. I find it helps if I play uplifting and inspiring music in the background. I feel so relaxed and at peace. I'm currently working on a tree. We'll see how long it takes me to get it done. Anyhow draw & color away beautiful world!

1 comment:

Sally Jackson said...

I love this post. I love that you find fun, relaxing ways to interact with your girls. Those drawings are so sweet, and show your sincere love for them!